Testing Application Guidelines
(State of Tennessee)
General guidelines on how to register and take the ARRT Limited Scope examination within the state of Tennessee.
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) has contracted with Pearson VUE testing centers through out the nation including the state of Tennessee, to administer the Limited Scope examination. All examinations are administered by way of Computer Base Testing (CBT). All individuals wishing to sit for the ARRT Limited Scope examination in Tennessee must register with the Examination Processing Center (EPC).
STEP-BY-STEP overview of what you must do to sit for the Limited Scope examination.
- Complete your EPC application.
- Enclose the appropriate examination fees;
- EPC will verify the validity of your application, and when deemed valid, will submit your application directly to ARRT;
- Within approximately 2 weeks following EPC’s submission of you application to ARRT, you will receive an informational packet directly from ARRT;
- The packet received from ARRT will contain:
- A “Candidate Status Report” which will show how you have been registered. Review this information carefully. In the event there is an error or omition, contact EPC immediately to make the correction.
- On the back of the Candidate Status Report, you will find a toll free telephone number for the Pearson VUE scheduling center. You are instructed to contact Pearson VUE utilizing the toll free number to schedule your schedule a convenient date for your examination. Pearson VUE personnel will discuss with you the location of the closest and most convenient test center near you.
- Booklet for you review, this will give you valuable information and aid you in the testing procedure.
- You should arrive at the test center prior to your arranged time and date. Pearson VUE personnel will assist you with getting you started.
NOTE: Do not miss your appointment or you will forfeit your fees and have to reschedule. See Paragraph D & E for rescheduling or re-windowing;
- When you have completed with your examination, your answers are automatically transmitted to ARRT. You will receive your scores directly from EPC approximately 2 weeks following your examination date.
- If the student contacts EPC before the application has been passed on to ARRT, EPC will, at no additional charge to the student, be able to hold the application for future scheduling.
- If a student wishes to cancel altogether, and while the application is still in the EPC office, a 50% refund will be made. Once the application has been sent to ARRT, there will be NO refund.
- Any dates missed by the student without following proper Re-windowing guidelines will result in forfeiture of fees and will require repeat registration by way of the entire application cycle.
For further information or to obtain an application contact:
- Our web site at www.limitedscope.com, print the application from the web site.
- All course providers have current applications for your use. Make copies as needed.
- Our Office 615-383-9499